Daihatsu-Forum.de  

Zurück   Daihatsu-Forum.de > Technik und Tuning > Die Charade Serie

Die Charade Serie (G10, G11, G100, G100 GTti, G101, G102, G2xx)

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 15.02.2006, 00:35   #1
NillerDK
Gast

Standard G10 motor umbau

Hey. I'm a new guy from Denmark and my german are not too well, so i hope you guys will find it okay that i write in english

I am the owner of a Charade G10 1982, lovely car, but it's not fast enough. I have been wondering if it is possible to build in an 1.3 EFI engine from a G100 with gearbox, wirering(electrics) and so on? Cant really see any other ways to tune on a G10 other than Turbo, but with the lack of stronger parts for the engine, i wont get much power out of that. Please help me, i'm really lost.

Btw, really nice forum, though i dont understand half of it
Alt 15.02.2006, 08:15   #2
Rainer
Gast

Standard

Hy, welcome on Board

Could you please offer us a few pics from your G10??

I have also a Charade G10 from 1981 (5 door)

Here you can look thru all my pics

www.japan-oldies.at/g10

Back to your question.

I would very recomend you to get a CB80 engine from a Charade Gtti. The CB80 engine use the SAME engine block then the CB20 engine you use in your G10.

Best way to realize is to get a complete Charade GTti and build in the CB80 engine incl. wires and CPU.

Georg (JapanTurbo) is corrently stripping one Charade GTti best way if you get in contact with him. But he is also in a other (engish spoken) forum, maybe this is better for you to understand.
But currently I cannot found the URL from this side, but I'm sure he will answer here to you too!

Hope to see you again :)

Greetings

Rainer
Alt 15.02.2006, 10:47   #3
JapanTurbo

Benutzerbild von JapanTurbo

Standard

http://www.focusdevelopments.com.au/daihatsu/index.php

http://bbs.daihard.org/

from bbs.daihard.ord
it´s for a g11 but may it´s helpful anyway,,,,,
Zitat:
Posts on Installing a CB-80 into a G11 Shell

This was supplied by oakleaf, taken from the old madcow board.
oakleaf

Daft Question how hard is it to put the GTTi
Motor in a G11 Shell??? and what parts do I need.
I have access to an engine & injection system
Will the G11 gearbox mount straight on????
Will a G11 turbo manifold & turbo fit????
Hey I hav'nt bought anything yet but need a
little help here
ok
mike

NoPsi

Would you belive I am doing this conversion right now? It is a relatively straight forward conversion. You need the engine and complete loom. Efi fuel pump, I belive a suzuki swift or Daihatsu Applause brake booster (to clear the head of the engine as the G11 booster is too long) and a stronger clutch plate.
The engine itself mates up to your original gearbox. Use the clutch plate off the G11 however and the pressure plate off the GTti engine. It bolts up to both the front and back engine mounts but the driver's side mount needs a 90 degree bracket made as the engine mount does not reach the body.
The wiring itself is quite simple and only requires seven or eight wires to be connected from the Gtti loom to the G11 loom. The wiring diagram is available from MRT Australia. As mentioned before swap the brake boosters and install an efi pump near the fuel tank. Should be sweet. Fingers crossed.
Damian

yeppo
AND
your G11 exhaust will bolt up to the dump off the cb80 (GTti).....You will break gearboxes though, guaranteed.!!!!
If you get a GTti fuel pump it will go into the G11 fuel tank as the mounting bracket bolts onto the fuel pump.....
You also need 3/8th inche (I think from memory someone ask Kent as he's in the middle of it!!!!) fuel line and return.....
The applause brake booster needs to be used and will fit straight in as mentioned above..
It's only marginally harder than pulling the old engine out and puttiong it back in, almost the easiest angine swap possible...
Also Note that you need to get the front and rear mounts off your CB60 and fit them to the block of the CB80 (they bolt straight on)......
Damian

oh and no using the G11 turbo and manifold is a bad idea, not that they would fit as the manifold is different but the turbo is far far far too small.......
The IHIRBH5 on the CB80 993cc is also available in various configs. on engines up to 1800cc whilst the smaller CB60 turbo hardly flows enough air for the SOHC
NoPsi

Damian,
In question to your comment about the fuel lines being 3/8 inches thick is that necessary? I have friend who just did his and has had no probs with the std G11 turbo lines while running 17/18psi.
Also which part of the exhaust will bolt up to the Gtti exhaust. The G11 5bolt dump straight off the turbo or the 3bolt flange at the bottom of the dump?
Damian

NoPSI
Both, the 'cat' which is the crappy excuse for a dump on both the G11 and GTti is the same except that the GTti has internals and the G11 doesn't.......so use the G11 one....This reduces costs when you do it...the 3 bolt flange @ the bottom also bolts up as it's all the same, bonus eh!!??
With the fuel lines I guess it's better safe than sorry, I've heard some say they haven't used bigger (like your friend) but all that I've spoken too properly about it recommend using bigger lines...(they're cheap anyway)
I guess you can have the mixtures setup on the dyno and check it out....

NoPsi

Damian
Thanks for that dude...definate money saver there. I'll check out that fuel line thing later on. As I'm on a budget at the moment I'll go with std ones and let you know how I fare.
Kent

damn this all sounds very familiar! LOL
Fuel lines : 3/8 lines are the best .. I have a mate with GTti who didn't change his and they are fine ..but my line of thinking makes it a good idea if using an EFI (40psi) pump you might as well let it have all the Pipe it wants to use.. will work out better in the long run if you want to run high boost and need more fuel .. I think you'll find the pump will last longer as well.
The Clutch issue.. depending on how much grunt you want .. you can get away with runnig a G11 clutch plate and a GTti pressure plate. but if you want to run some real boost you will need a pretty beefy clutch as the torque of these motors will s*** a standard clutch on high boost like its a peice of paper! I will be running a 180mm Tri rotor Brass button Clutch plate (with the G11 centre) and a 180mm Double diaphram Pressure plate. But then a again if you are running just standard boost and ECU you should be fine.. I hope to have some pics of all the clutch bits and peices, including specs on my website soon..
Booster: the 1990 applause booster will fit straight in.. you will need to change the brake lines a little and bend the "lip" on the firewall up a little, but it looks quite neat and doesn't look "dodgy" at all.
I hope I haven't scared anyone off about all this .. its a quite straight forward conversion to do really!
there are a few other things like a different side mount (side of the head - strut tower) and intercooler mouting etc .. but these are pretty easy to take care of.
NoPsi

Kent,
In regards to the applause brake booster. Do I just want the booster or master cylinder or both? Coz I just went to buy my booster and the bastard was only going to give me the booster and wanted extra for the master cylinder.
Kent

NoPSi: You will need the complete brake booster and Master cylinder (including fluid resevoir etc) as this has the shorter cylinder and allows for the larger head on the Twin Cam! you should be able to pick a complete set up for $100 to $150 or there abouts .. if you get one for $100 you doing pretty well! The 1990 applause booster has an identicle Stud/mounting pattern on the fire wall.
2003 M201 YRV GTti

In Theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In Practice, there is.

http://www.lowbudgetracing.at
http://www.ahrca.com
JapanTurbo ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 15.02.2006, 14:20   #4
NillerDK
Gast

Standard

Thank you for the quick answers. The car is currently stored in a garage, but i'll try to shoot some pictures later today. I have thought about the CB80 engine, and its good power, but as it says, i'm gonna reck gearboxes:) I have looked around for the CB60/61 Turbo engine, wich only has 65-70hp but it should be enough. And that too, is similar to the CB20, with a few changes. Gonna write a topic about it when i get started, because its a lot that are gonna happen with that littel car:) Few things i could mention:

Turbo engine.
2" free flow exhaust all the way with tuned manifold.
Tuned cam.
Black leather interior.
White OZ WRC 15" rims.
A deep metallic blue paintjob, and much more:)
Alt 15.02.2006, 14:54   #5
Rainer
Gast

Standard

Cool, you want Black leather interior?

I have it, it was installed in my car. :)

But it is very old and scrapped, so have to repair it....

Currently I have done a complete engine restore....

Look at this:

Before it looks like:

rebuild:

Actually the engine is ready to run, but it is'nt installed within my G10 (he still some things till than)
Alt 15.02.2006, 21:32   #6
NillerDK
Gast

Standard

Looks very nice:) Well, my engine has not been started the last 5-6 years, so i have to restore mine too. Where do you buy parts for the G10? Here in DK its almost impossible to find anything!
Alt 16.02.2006, 00:15   #7
Rainer
Gast

Standard

I buy it from the best Daihatsu Dealer in Austria, he did'nt put ANYTHING in the trash he always keep all in his storage.

Last week I get a new driversdoor from him from his stock.

I don't know if Mr. Reindl is speaking english, but I can help you to get in touch with him and translate him what you need.

So please tell me what you need I will ask Mr.Reindl for you!

Greetings

Rainer

PS: his e-mail Address is: differentialrat@daihatsu-reindl.at

Feel free to contact him too
Alt 16.02.2006, 12:27   #8
NillerDK
Gast

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von Rainer
I buy it from the best Daihatsu Dealer in Austria, he did'nt put ANYTHING in the trash he always keep all in his storage.

Last week I get a new driversdoor from him from his stock.

I don't know if Mr. Reindl is speaking english, but I can help you to get in touch with him and translate him what you need.

So please tell me what you need I will ask Mr.Reindl for you!

Greetings

Rainer

PS: his e-mail Address is: differentialrat@daihatsu-reindl.at

Feel free to contact him too
Getting the car on a lift soon, so i can see what i need. But basicly as it looks now, i just need a hole fresh car
Antwort

Themen-Optionen