Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 21.06.2014, 05:20   #16
bluedog
24/7 Poster

Standard

I unfortunately don't know.

As far as I understand, it is pin 8 at the OBDII-Port.

I don't know how the pins there are numbered and which one is ground.

And, since you have got an EJ-DE, I don't even know, if the pins of the OBD-port are identical, because in europe the L251 is always equipped with an EJ-VE.

Possibly that does matter, because when you look at the predecessor of the L251, which was the L701, there was no OBDII-Standard when equipped with an EJ-DE engine, although the port looks the same in both cases, that means, it looks identical, whether it is OBDII-compliant or not.

So, to make a long story short, The EJ-VE-L251 for europe always have OBDII. The EJ-DE engined L701 (up to 2000) did not have OBDII. Therefore I simply don't know, if your EJ-DE has OBDII or not. I suppose it has not, because EJ-DE was actual in europe before 2000, when it was not mandatory to have an OBDII-compliant port on board.

In the EU, it was mandatory from 2000 or 2001 to support OBDII standard.

The port looks identical in OBD I and OBD II, but the wiring and presumably the communications protocol are different.

So, in case your L251 doesn't come with an OBDII Interface, I don't even know if pin 8, as mentioned above would be the right one for you to get the ignition frequency. Sorry.

I can however tell you, that the OBD or OBDII port is located at the right side of the steering wheel directly behind the dashboard cover on the lower end of that cover. You have to look from the floor up to the back side of the Cover between the steering columns cover and the centre console.

You can find a picture of that connector here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-board_diagnostics

However, that doesn't tell if it is OBD I or OBD II.

Citroen C1 Automatik BJ 2011:

Mofa: Dreirad auf Basis eines Amsler-Pony, Verbrauch Zweitaktgemisch: <3.5l/100km.

Das grosse Artensterben auf dieser Welt wird den Menschen erst bewusst werden, wenn schliesslich auch der Tiger im Tank ausstirbt.
bluedog ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten